8.23.2015

Cafe de l'Orangerie

Hey guys!

The other day I went to find Phil for lunch during his lunch break. I met him at Cafe de l'Orangerie which is located on West 73rd, near the Airport Square Building. This place is Japanese owned and the staff was very friendly.

For drink, I ordered the Matcha Green Tea Latte ($4.55). I thought it tasted great but was disappointed that they didn't draw anything on my latte like the one I had from Cafe Joie. But the main thing was the drink itself and I enjoyed it very much. 

For appetizers, we ordered their Poutine Orangerie-Style- small size ($6.25). It's fries with homemade beef stew sauce & mozzarella cheese. I LOVED this, the beef stew tasted amazing and it just went really well together with the fries and the cheese. I highly recommend ordering this to share with friends and family as an appetizer.



Phil ordered the Curry with Pork Cutlet ($11.95) which came with rice & salad. Phils thoughts: the pork tasted great but the curry had way too many veggies in it. He prefers more curry sauce than curry with a bunch of veggies within it. 
I tried the curry too and I actually loved how they incorporated so many veggies. I think this dish is just personal preference whether you like it with more ingredients or not. Overall it was good.

I ordered the Wafu-style Spaghetti- Bonito flakes, seaweed, mushroom, bacon, garlic, and cabbage ($9.80). When I saw the ingredients within this dish on the menu I had to try this. I love everything that was in it but was rather disappointed when I ate it. The overall presentation of the plate was great but when I mixed everything together, I feel like it was lacking sauce. When you take a sniff off of this dish, it smells amazing but when you actually eat it, it was rather bland for my liking.

Many people told me this place is a great place for Japanese spaghetti but I just think I chose a rather poor one. But I will definitely come back and give this place another try on their other dishes!

Service: 3/5

Food: 3.5/5 (I gave them an extra .5 is because I truly did like the poutine and the drink, even though my spaghetti was not as good)

Price: $-$$

Overall Rating:  3.25/5

Happy eating!
-Jess

Click to add a blog post for Cafe de l'Orangerie on Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I think I need to revisit them again! The curry looks good :) -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! try the curry and tell us what you think about it because me & phils opinion is total opposite lol

      Delete