8.21.2015

Yuu Japanese Tapas

Hey guys!

The other day I went to Yuu Japanese Tapas for dinner with my friends. It was a last minute decision so we had no clue what to expect from this restaurant.

I filmed my first ever food vlog! Check out our video HERE ! Pls comment & subscribe if you guys like it and follow us on YouTube if you want to follow us on our food adventures :) 

We want to start vlogging our food adventures so it's more fun & you can actually check out the space & food in a more direct way other than photos!

Anyways, we were planning to go to a Japanese restaurant on Bridgeport but they actually close on Wednesdays, therefore we had to change up the location to Yuu Japanese Tapas. I've never been to this restaurant before nor have I ever heard anyone mentioning anything about this restaurant so we really didn't know what to expect. 


After looking at the menu, we were all certain we wanted to get their Ramen. They had lots of options on their menu but the Ramen page really stood out among the other pages. 

My friend got #44 Shio "Salt" Ramen in clear broth made with plenty of bone & veggie ($8.95)



My other friend got the Tomato sauce Ramen.

I got #45 Ramen in Tokoyo style soy sauce base, topped with savory BBQ pork, corn, egg, bamboo shoot & bean sprout ($8.95) I like how the broth was not thick and it tasted very fresh. The whole bowl was filled with food and it was extremely filling. The only downside to the dish was the ramen noodles. They reminded me of the instant pack noodles. I thought the quality of the noodles used here weren't comparable to the usual Japanese ramen restaurants. This restaurant is owned and runned by chinese people and therefore maybe there was a lack of selection in terms of the noodles used. Overall, I do think for $8.95 it was a good deal and I would definitely go back just to check out the rest of the menu.

I'm not a HUGE ramen fan, so I'm not extremely picky about my ramen selections but I did enjoy this and it was a great place to just sit and chit chat with friends. 

Service: 3/5

Food: 3/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 3/5

Enjoy!
-Jess

Click to add a blog post for Yuu Japanese Tapas on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment