4.09.2016

Wang Ji Restaurant Cafe

Hey everyone,

Ever since moving to Richmond, I've been trying out more neighbourhood restaurants around the area. I'm always scouting around searching for close by restaurants nearby. I don't like driving that much so finding good restaurants within the area was vital to me. I came across this restaurant a few months ago and finally the other day I finally had the chance to give it a try. From their signage, it really gives off the vibe of traditional Chinese food, BUT they actually serve Taiwanese food. They've posted their menus in front of the door, so people passing by can always take a look at the menu before deciding whether you would like to dine here or not. 

The interior was much nicer and bigger than I thought it'll be. There was a lot of room and was definitely a comfortable space to dine in. I took a peek in to their washrooms and it looked very well renovated too, with black marble detailing. 








First dish, Basil Chicken Pot ($8.99). Very good deal and the portion was definitely worth the 8.99. There were a lot of meat and the flavours of the dish was delicious and satisfying. It reminded me of san-pei chicken but they call it "basil chicken" instead. The chicken was soft and juicy. Phil and I both really enjoyed this dish and would highly recommend trying it out. 

We also ordered two bowls of rice on the side ($1.50/bowl).



So...when I was doing the ordering, I actually ordered chicken knee, but they brought out Chicken Nuggets ($6.50) instead. I didn't bother telling them to switch since it'll be too much of a hassle and we like chicken nuggets anyways. Our first initial dish had a hair on one of the chicken so our first plate had to be replaced. Second time around, thank god no hair. The chicken was very soft and juicy as well. The seasoning on the chicken wasn't as flavourful as some of the other Taiwanese places I've tried, but still a good dish to order to pair with rice. 



Overall, this place was a great place to grab dinner with family or friends. Service was attentive. They served us tea without asking and also came over whenever we needed help. Even though we found a hair on our first chicken nuggets dish, the server apologized and quickly removed the dish from our table. 

Service: 3/5

Food: 3.5/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 3.25/5

Thanks for reading!
-Jess

Wang Ji Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment