11.08.2015

Dragon View Restaurant

Happy Sunday everyone!

On sundays, we like to go either dim sum or out for brunch and today I'm going to talk about one dim sum place that I like. I've only been to Dragon View once with my family, which was a few weeks back. My dad heard many good things about this place therefore I decided to go check it out with my family. We usually go to Fishermen Terrace, Golden Harvest...and a few more from here and there but those two is our usual places.

Dragon View Restaurant is located on the second floor in the continental plaza in Richmond. I've been here for dinner a long time ago with my previous work company but I never came here for dim sum before. They have an elevator and stairs to go to the second floor. Most people just walk up because it just ends up faster than using the elevator. I recommend calling in before you go because this place gets packed super fast. Make sure you have reservations before going, otherwise you may have to wait for a long ass time.

At the "bar/cashier" desk near the front was fully decorated with hello kitty decor. Seems like the boss lady has a major obsession with hello kitty.














Heres the menu! Each dish has a simple desk to the name, such as S, M, MS, L..etc.. They all have different price points which is indicated on the top of the page.




I saw Deep fried shrimp spring rolls ($4.99) on the menu so I automatically ticked that because my fam really likes it. When it arrived, it actually had seaweed inside, which was different from the ones we get from other places. My dad doesn't like seaweed so he didn't end up eating this. It's a shame he doesn't like the seaweed because I actually thought with the seaweed it tastes a lot better than the original. I think it's just about personal preference but I highly recommend trying this dish out!



Steamed Beef Rice Roll ($5.69). My dad's fave, he always orders this dish from every dim sum place. Thought this dish was average.


Chef's specialty shredded Chicken ($8.50). The one we get from Fishermen Terrace, I really like the flavor, the only thing I didn't like about it was that they have celery in it. The one here at Dragon view doesn't have celery but I thought the flavor was lacking.  Also, I feel like this dish didn't have as much chicken as I hoped.



Pan Fried Turnip Cake with XO sauce ($8.50). I personally like the traditional pan fried turnip cake and not this one that has been modernized with XO sauce and such. I feel like a lot of places got rid of the original pan fried turnip cake and only has this XO version now. Even though they didn't have the one we wanted, we still ordered this one. The flavour was good, didn't taste much of the XO in it though, but it was still a good dish to order to share. It was crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside and paired well with the extra garnishes around it.


Steamed Shrimp Dumplings ($5.39). 99% of the time when we go to dim sum, we always tick this off the list. I usually don't eat shrimp dumplings but I thought this one was good. I like how they still use real shrimp and not shrimp paste for the interior.


Steamed Chicken Feet in b/b sauce ($5.39). I like how this place cut up the pieces so it was much easier to eat. I never eat chicken feet because of the way it looks but since they cut it up, it was much more pleasing to the eye compared to eating a whole chicken feet, with the claws still sticking out.... Great flavour and generous amount.


Steamed Beef Balls ($4.99).

Egg Tarts ($3.75).


Service: 3/5

Food: 4/5

Price: $ (If you order a few things to share with friends and family, I think the price is reasonable but this place is a bit more expensive compared to other dim sum restaurants. But the quality of the food is good)

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Enjoy!
-Jess 

Dragon View Chinese Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment