8.18.2015

Ramen Izakaya Okawari

Hey Everyone,

After a nice hike with Jess, we decided to grab some ramen for lunch, and hit up Ramen Izakaya Okawari! This place used to be Tokyo Joe's, but they've changed to this new name now. This restaurant serves all kinds of Japanese food, from various sushi rolls to ramen specialties. 


I love ramen, so I ordered a ramen of course! I had the Ramen Sapporo $8.95 







This ramen was amazing! The broth was absolutely delicious and not too thick or strong, the cha shu was very tender and large enough that two slices worked out to be just enough, and the soft boiled egg was the highlight of the ramen! This egg was so good I could not stop raving about how awesome it was. The egg was flavoured to just the right amount, and when you dip it in the soup, it makes it even better. The noodles were just right, not hard like some other ramen places, as these noodles were soft and easy to eat. Usually there's always some ingredient in ramen bowls that I don't want to eat, but I ate everything in this ramen! As you can see from the photos above, it contains the house made cha shu, egg, green onions, bean sprouts, and two sheets of seaweed.

The service here is great, just what you would expect from a Japanese restaurant. They were friendly and prompt on service, no complaints here!


Overall, this recent visit to Ramen Izakaya Okawari was awesome. This was one of the best ramen I've ever had in Richmond! I have been to G-Men bee, which I had previously thought was the best ramen in Richmond, so this was quite a surprise. I had been to this restaurant on previous occasions, but they must have improved their ramen lately as it was a lot better than I remember it. 


Food:

5/5 (just the ramen)

Service:

4/5

Price:

$

Overall:

4.5/5

Let me know what you think of their ramen, and if there is a better ramen joint in Richmond to check out. Thanks for reading everyone, munch on!

- Phil

Click to add a blog post for Ramen Izakaya Okawari on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment