12.15.2014

Food Court Corner- Saboten

Hi everyone,

Today I'll be talking about a foodcourt restaurant called Saboten that is located in Aberdeen Centre. I've passed by it numerous times and it never attracted me to go buy from there. Our friend Ricky bought either their loin or tenderloin set last time and it made me wanna give this place a try. Also, I didn't have any cash on me so the options we had were very limited.

I ordered the Tenderloin Katsu Don  approx. $8.00 & it came with a side miso soup.
Surprisingly I was very happy with my meal. Everything was very flavourful and I finished the whole thing! The caramelized onions with the smooth egg that was lathered all over it works perfectly with the Tenderloin. I was very surprised that I got a good portion of the Tenderloin. The one reason why I never ordered from there was because their sample photos just never looked appealing to me nor does the portion looked enough to fill me up. YES, I admit I am an extreme big eater :P




Phil ordered the Tenderloin set approx. $9.00

It came with side miso soup, rice & "salad". The so called salad is just a bunch of shredded lettuce, no salad dressing at all. It was such a pointless side and you are paying $9.00 basically just for the 3 pieces of Tenderloin. It was just deep fried Tenderloin and you are supposed to dip it in sauce for more flavour. Phil thinks it was not bad but from what I see, I don't think it's worth $9.00.




Service: N/A


Food: 3/5


Price: $


Overall Rating: 3/5

Enjoy!
-Msjesschan


Saboten 勝博殿 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment