12.02.2015

Bubble World - Central Burnaby

Hey Everyone,

Bubble World in Burnaby near Metrotown was a place I frequented back in the highschool and early university days, but recently I've been coming back here a bit more often and it's just as good as it was back in the day! They're a Taiwanese bubble tea restaurant with more modern and western style dishes than traditional ones.

Starting off with drinks, I went with my usual, Honey Chrysanthemum, cold, with Grass Jelly $4.45.



They've added a ton of new items to the menu since those days but the classics are still good. One item that is newish was what I ordered, Taiwanese Pork Chop w/ Rice $7.95.








I've typically got the Deep Fried Pork Cutlet (Boneless) w/Rice in the past, but this time I decided to go with the Taiwanese version, which has bones. I had it once in the past and didn't really like it at that time, but I thought I might as well try it again to see if it was any different. To my surprise, this was DELICIOUS! I loved the flavour of it so much more than the Deep Fried version! Yes there were some bones but not enough to bother me. There was a good quantity of pork chops and the side dishes complimented this dish well. The tofu, celery, carrots side dish was refreshing to eat, and the other tofu side dish was pretty good too, although a little bit spicy for me. This has become my new favourite dish at Bubble World!

My friend got the Deep Fried Chicken Leg (Boneless) w/ Rice $7.95.



My other buddy got the Deep Fried Chicken Leg w/ Noodle in Soup $7.95.




The service at Bubble World is usually pretty average nowadays. It's a lot easier to get the attention of a server at the Burnaby location than the Richmond one due to the layout of the restaurant, but sometimes it still takes a while to get service when you need it. The friendliness of the servers is sometimes off, but it's a lot better than the service from the Richmond location.

Overall this restaurant is one that I would still go to on a regular basis, and it is often one of the restaurants of choice when it comes to deciding where to eat on any given night. It's a casual hangout with good food and drinks. It's almost always busy during the peak hours so they haven't lost their touch. If you haven't tried this place yet, it's definitely worth checking out!

Food:
4/5

Service:
3/5

Price:
$

Overall:
3.5/5

Thanks for reading everyone, munch on!
- Phil

Bubble World Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment