9.23.2015

女煮人/ 聊Dry男 Cook Your Life- After Thoughts

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to Domoiscraving! Today's blogpost will be slightly different from our usual. We usually just talk about food but this post will be about the Cook Your Life & Mechat Show that happened last week. If you read my blogposts frequently, you may have noticed I did a preshow blogpost about this event. 

I want to thank Gateway Theatre for inviting us to this show and really engaging us in a whole new level of food involvement. Phil & I will move in together in a few years so going through this whole show was an eye opener. I love eating food but I'm not the best at cooking. I've been teased by my family multiple times saying I should just stick with eating out.

I usually don't go to these Live Stage performances and I think it has to do with my generation. We were brought up with televisions by our side, so Live Acts were never really on our mind. When we got this invite we thought "hey, lets just go and see what it's all about!" We went with minimal expectations but I must say they did a SUPERB job on stage. 




Our seats were centered to the stage so we had a great view of the overall stage. The show incorporated two different performers. 

The first one being MayMay Chan for the Cook Your Life Show. I'm not going to touch base on the main components of the show because it is much better to see it live in person.She expresses her emotions, her intent, & her movements in such a natural way, it was absolutely crazy. And I mean crazy in a good way. Her scenes were so believable that it made me quite emotionally attached to her stories. I really like how she involved the audience to her show to make it more fun and playful to watch. Phil was chosen to go on stage and help her out with pouring soup in to little cups. Phil thought it was such a fun and neat experience and he sure had fun! She is such a great spirit to watch on stage and she just makes the whole audience very comfortable. Her laughter could possibly be contagious, so beware. Throughout her act, it made me realize everyone can cook. You don't have to make the most difficult dishes. Just stick with simple steps and you can still enjoy fantastic food on a daily. It definitely encouraged me to take on the task of cooking more at home and prepare me for the future with Phil. 

The second performer was Eric Tang for the MeChat show. His show was very different from the Cook Your Life show. His show revolves around Internet and how it is attached to humans so greatly that us, humans may be overlooking on some parts of our lives. He reenacts different scenarios in life that may effect us virtually or in real life. You can see the intensifying emotions growing from each scene to the next. While watching it, you'll notice yourself engaging into each scene personally and noticing how we may be missing out on the true meanings of life. He is such an amazing actor and is definitely sending out a great message throughout this show.

We were given VIP Lounge tickets upon arrival so we can go get a drink and a snack during intermission. They had coffee, tea & wine on the side & a whole table with different types of desserts. We both got a glass of white wine to pair with our dessert choices. I tried the Coffee Tart & Phil got a Cream Puff. 

We want to Thank Andrea & Camilla for hooking us up with such amazing tickets and allowing us to experience such an amazing performance. We also want to give a shoutout to Esther Ho for being so kind to us at the show. It was a pleasure to meet you during the intermission and you did an amazing job at producing such an incredible show.  






At the end of the show, we were also able to meet MayMay Chan up close. She is such a friendly individual and a great actress. This experience really makes me appreciate Live Performances more than before. The confidence you must have to stand up on stage among so many strangers and to reenact such emotional scenes is absolutely a talent not many people have. 


Great show & we will definitely be back again to support more Live Performance Shows at the Gateway Theatre!

-Jess

1 comment:

  1. I liked how both shows started off funny and then got a little darker/sad so it was more thought provoking :) the MeChat one was really relatable! Also ate that coffee tart and white wine haha

    ReplyDelete