3.20.2015

Frites

Hello Food Family!

How ya'll doing? Today I'm back with another blog post on POUTINE. The combination of cheese, gravy & fries are just irresistible. I saw a voucher on social shopper a while back for this deal and I thought might as well give this place a try.
It is located in Downtown, Granville Street. Basically the clubbing street. They are opened from 11am-4am, so I'm assuming a lot of the night crawlers go there after a long night of pounding music and mass slurping on alcohol. I went there with my brother & Phil and we got there around 9pm. 

First glance impression of the interior, small restaurant with minimal edge seating along the walls with high stools. There is one cashier and one main cook at the back. I was pretty shocked noticing the cashier actually had a chair to sit on. I'm not concerned or anything because I'm actually glad they know how tiring it can be standing all day, so might as well sit when there's no customers.

They had a pretty extensive menu considering they base it on just poutine. They don't just serve the classic poutine, they have some crazy versions such as Kimchi Frites, Okonomi Frites, & Pad Thai Frites. I really wanted to order those ones but we went for safer options and ordered Pulled Pork ($8.99) & Montreal Smoked Meat ($8.99)





Pulled Pork tasted great! I suggest when you first get your poutine, start mixing everything up so the cheese melts completely. BUT I'm assuming you all already know that... lol

Both of them tasted really good and I highly suggest checking it out if you want a quick, cheesy poutine meal in Downtown. I prefer the Pulled Pork one over the Montreal smoked meat just because I like the flavor of pulled pork more but it's all about personal preference. 



Service: N/A

Food: 3.75/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 3.75/5

Enjoy :)
-Jess

Frites on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment