6.16.2013

Banana Leaf

HELLO EVERYBODY!! :)

Who loves Malaysian food?! 

If you do, then you most likely had tried Banana Leaf before. One of the well known, popular Malaysian restaurants in Vancouver. Believe it or not, it was my first time trying Banana Leaf and I'm so glad I did. I don't know what was holding me back from trying before. I went to the Broadway location and I am very pleased with the food and service. I skytrained there so no difficulty with finding parking.. none the less, I would expect parking would be a hassle if you are going to be driving there. I went on a weekday with my friends, Spikyhairlicious & Bee, and considering on a weekday, business was very busy. We had to wait for around 5-10 minutes before there was a table available. 


Bee ordered the coconut water and her words about their coconut was 'VERY REFRESHING'.



If I did not remember wrong, Spikyhairlicious ordered the Singapore Laksa ($10.00). This is a spicy dish with rice noodles with puffy tofu, egg, chicken, squid, fish cakes and shrimps.

Bee and I ordered the MEE GORENG ($9.00). You can ask for non-spicy or spicy. It's up to you. My preference was obviously going for the non-spicy Mee Goreng. This dish is very full-filling and delicious. It is Malaysian fried egg noodle with beef, egg, shrimp, tomato, bean sprouts, choy sum & tofu. All the components just worked very well with each other. Definitely a MUST EAT when you come here!

Service:
3/5

Food:
4/5

Price:
$-$$

Overall Rating: 
3.5/5

Enjoy!
Msjesschan

Banana Leaf on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment